The Library Chronicle
The Princeton University Library Chronicle is an interdisciplinary journal which publishes articles of scholarly importance and general interest based on research in the collections of the Princeton University Library. The Chronicle is typically published twice a year under the sponsorship of the Friends of the Princeton University Library. Previous editions of The Chronicle can be accessed on JSTOR.
Subscriptions are available through membership in the Friends. Subscriptions for individuals are $25 per year. Institutional subscriptions are $50 per year. Individual numbers and limited quantities of back issues are available for $30 (plus $4.00 for postage; $9 overseas). Orders and remittances (made payable to Princeton University Library) should be sent to: Friends of the Princeton University Library, One Washington Road, Princeton, NJ 08544-2098.
The Chronicle welcomes proposals for articles relating to all facets of the Library's collections, including essays and commentaries on their histories and the collectors who created them. Reviews of exhibits are normally commissioned by the editor. Articles should not have been published previously. Nor can we consider articles that are under review at other publications.
Please send a proposal of one or two pages addressing these points:
- Tell us the main point you wish to make in your article.
- Explain how the subject relates to the Princeton University collections.
- Explain why your article would be of interest to a general readership.
- What is the anticipated length of the article?
- When do you expect to deliver the article?
- What illustrations, charts, or photographs do you suggest?
- Please provide a short autobiography (6-8 sentences).
- Please e-mail proposals to email@example.com.