- Sophie Brady (G5), Music (email@example.com)
- Kasia Krzyzanska (‘22), Physics (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jessica Terekhov (G6), English (email@example.com)
The SFPUL is jointly led by 2–4 undergraduate and graduate Student Friends from any academic background or class or program year whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- organizing on- and off-campus events, such as guest talks, exhibit tours, collection showcases, and library or museum visits;
- writing and circulating event descriptions and announcements;
- coordinating with faculty or library staff about SFPUL website updates, event execution, and budgetary matters;
- soliciting event ideas from group members and gauging member interest in various types of programming;
- and promoting group visibility and membership, especially at the start of the academic year.
We organize about 3–4 events per semester, which usually take place between 9 A.M. and 5 P.M., Monday through Friday, as those are working hours for most library staff. Tours of exhibits, especially those that involve traveling off campus, may take place on a weekend. Activities are usually organized so as to avoid busy periods on the university calendar, such as midterm and final exam weeks, and can be planned around leaders’ other commitments.
There are no formal qualifications for leadership except for a passion for books and library collections, an interest in event planning, and a sense of humor! Leaders serve a one-year term, with the option to renew, and open positions are announced to the Student Friends listserv as they come available. Applications are considered and interviews held by the serving leadership team.